The Procurement and Supply Management unit is among the special units within ZHC organizational structure. The unit is headed by a Head of Unit.
Key Functions of the Unit
To aggregate and make available of all ZHC requirements of Goods, Works, Consultancy and non- consultancy services in every approved financial budget. Key among the Unit’s functions include the following:
1. Manage all procurement and disposal activities of the Corporation;
2. Support the rationing of the Tender Board;
3. Implement the decisions of the Tender Board;
4. Liaise directly with the Procurement Regulatory Authority on matters within its jurisdiction;
5. Act as secretariat to the Tender Board, thus, to coordinate and prepare tender board meeting and issue monthly reports;
6. Plan the procurement and disposal activities of the Zanzibar Housing Corporation;
7. Recommend procurement and disposal procedures;
8. Check and prepare statements of requirements, bid documents and advertisements for bid opportunities;
9. Prepare contracts documents & issue approved contracts documents;
10. Co-ordinate the procurement and disposal activities of all the departments and conduct annual stocktaking for ZHC materials held in Office, storehouse and stockyard;
11. Prepare and submit timely annual budget
12. Prepare periodical performance reports;
13. Perform any other duty as may be directed by the Director General.