This unit is led by Head of Legal service. It has two sections: -
• Contract section.
• Dispute resolution
Key Functions of the Legal Unit
1. To provide legal consultation service and guidance in accordance to Zanzibar Corporation Act and other related laws of Zanzibar;
2. Monitor and supervise preparation and improvement of staff manuals, regulations and other legal documents;
3. Execute all deeds/ contracts of tenancy agreements, loans, grants and procurement contracts;
4. Provide legal advice, guidance and translate Laws and Contacts;
5. Represent ZHC in any legal dispute in the court;
6. Monitor and prepare all Board meetings and other board activities;
7. Provide awareness of ZHC Act and its regulations to the management, employees and stakeholders;
8. Monitor and oversee dispute resolution;
9. Prepare annual budget of the legal Unit;
10. Monitor all legal activities in ZHC;
11. Perform such other activities as may be directed by the Director General.