This department is led by a Director, it has two sections: -
• Construction Services section
• Construction Design section.
All the sections above are led by a Section Head, responsible for their effective performance.
Key Functions of the Department
1. Maintain existing buildings and construction of new houses for investment;
2. Prepare of drawings and Bill of Quantity;
3. Facilitate and supervise implementation of construction project for residential and commercial houses;
4. Conduct research in investment opportunity and innovative project according market value;
5. Prepare construction tenders in collaboration with the Procurement & Supply Management Unit;
6. Inspect existing buildings to prioritize renovation programme;
7. Facilitate and provide building material standards and recommend or use best construction technologies;
8. Collect, evaluate, translate and provide land and building information using Geographical Information System (G.I.S);
9. Provide building contractor services, building supervision and consultant service;
10. Prepare annual budget and submit monthly implementation report;
11. Execute any work as directed by the Director General.